Introducing our budding family. We hope you will enjoy watching us grow... and everything else under the sun. ;)
RSS

3+1=4

Back when Michael and I met, we talked about having 2-3 children. Never did we imagine only having one. Then Hayden was born. He was a quiet baby, very happy and smiles for the most part. But every child has a good day and a bad day - and I felt as a mom that those good days were farther away everyday.

We spent months worrying why Hayden didn't sit up by himself, didn't crawl and soon didn't meet his milestones. Hayden began therapy soon after his first birthday. He was suggested for speech, occupational, physical, and developmental therapy. When we were told the news, I was shocked, heartbroken, and devastated. Having a rocky pregnancy and birth - I couldn't imagine going through it again and refused too. My son had to indure daily/weekly visits of what he thought was playtime with almost strangers, and still does. (We never thought of therapy as "therapy" but more of a time to play. One therapy - "Monkey Group" meeting once a week, is a huge hit. And Hayden has met some great friends, as have I.)

Back when Hayden was younger though and received in home therapy (as opposed to me being the "soccer mom" I've turned into now) it became a time for me as a stay at home mom to have an adult to talk to, reach out to about what was going on with my little boy. But also to know that none of this was my fault - nor could have been prevented. Still, I couldn't imagine going through the pain and tribulations again. Us being happy with Hayden as an only child.

Fastforwarding four years, Hayden is now 5 years old and excited about entering Kindergarten next year. We are so proud of all that he has accomplished in this amount of time. Though he may not jump like other boys and girls yet and have trouble cutting - he has a heart of gold. He LOVES being around other children and people - no matter the age. He's been gentle with our 3 cats since day one - even his baby cousin or strangers... "Cooochie coochie cooo" he mentions to an infant one day at my mother's house (my brother came over with a friend who just had a baby). Hayden was infatuated.

So that brings us to the present day. On Friday May 2, 2008 we sent in our application for our homestudy to start the process for an international adoption.

0 comments: